I think we can safely say winter has arrived. If you’re anything like me then your motivation to exercise has dropped along with the temperature. Sitting in the warmth, on the couch, in front of the television has become much more appealing than stepping outside to go for a run.
Remaining active during the colder months is so important for both our physical and mental health.
Here are some tips to keep your fitness routine on track:
1. Sign up to an event or pick a fitness goal you would like to achieve. Training for something specific can be challenging and fun.
2. Partner up and exercise with a friend. It will ensure you are more accountable, as it’s much more difficult to make excuses when someone is waiting for you to join them. It is also a lot more fun training with someone else and you will help to motivate each other.
3. Try a new workout or activity. There are heaps of fun winter sports to participate in and activities, such as a weekend to the snow.
4. Heading indoors is another great option. Find a gym or fitness program which is indoors, it can be more inviting than exercising outside at this time of year.
5. Treat yourself. Whether it’s a coffee after a gym session or something a bit more indulgent, set yourself a goal you would like to achieve and reward yourself when you complete it.
6. Take advantage of getting outdoors and into the sunshine whenever you can. Being outside during the winter months will mean you’re getting a dose of vitamin D and will help improve your mood.
I hope these tips help you stay on track and motivated to exercise over the colder months!!